Approved Covid Tests for travel to USA

Outbound and return Covid test for travel to USA. Get your doctor signed certificate NEXT DAY. Accepted by ALL AIRLINES.
Medicspot Header
Medicspot travel PCR test

Tests for Travel to USA

Fit to Fly Test

Medicspot Fit to Fly Product

Day 2 Test - Lateral Flow Test

Medicspot Day 2 test Lateral Flow Test

Looking for a different test or not sure what you need? Click here

Latest Updates

Last updated 4 October 2021.

As of October 2021, British nationals are limited entry to the USA. US citizens and permanent residents of the USA and certain close family members are exempt. They will still be able to enter the USA, subject to normal entry requirements. On 20 September 2021, the US Government announced it would lift travel restrictions starting in November for foreign citizens who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. We are waiting for further details.

All passengers over the age of 2 arriving by air into the United States from the UK must show proof of a negative pre-departure Covid-19 PCR or antigen test. Lateral flow tests are a quicker and cheaper alternative to PCR tests and guarantee results in just 20 minutes.

From 4am on Monday 4 October 2021, the rules for international travel to England have changed from the red, amber, green traffic light system to a single red list of countries and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world. The rules for travel from countries and territories not on the red list will depend on your vaccination status. Fully vaccinated travellers can book a day 2 test with free delivery. Not fully vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers can book their return antigen tests and day 2 and 8 travel packages with Medicspot. Further details can be found on our Covid test page.

USA Travel Advice

Can I travel to the USA?

From 16 March 2020, British nationals have been unable to enter the USA if they have been in the UK, Ireland, Iran, China, Brazil or Schengen zone within the past 14 days. Arrivals from outside of these areas require a visa or ESTA waiver to enter the United States.

You are exempt from these restrictions if you are a US citizen or a permanent resident of the USA, a specified close family member, or a holder of a special visa (such as UN staff and diplomats). Further guidance can be found from the Bureau of Consular Affairs.

Which Covid test do I need to travel to the United States of America?

The US government requires passengers from the UK to test negative for Covid-19 via a PCR or antigen test within 72 hours of departure.

How much does a Covid-19 test cost for travel to the USA?

If travelling to the USA, the price of a Covid test is £75. Antigen tests cost just £29. This covers both the test and a Fit to Fly certificate.

Are Medicspot Covid tests approved by the United States?

Yes. Medicspot tests and Fit to Fly certificates are universally recognised by both American Airlines and the US government.

What documentation will I get following my Covid test in order to meet US travel requirements?

If your Covid-19 tests are negative, Medicspot will provide you with negative test results as well as a Fit to Fly certificate. This documentation will be provided within the 72-hour testing requirement.

How long before my flight to the United States should I take a Covid test?

Travellers from the UK to the United States of America are required to take a negative PCR test 72 hours before their flight.

Will I still need to quarantine on arrival in the USA if I have tested negative for Covid-19?

Yes. If you are allowed entry to the USA then the CDC advises you to self-isolate as much as possible for the first 14 days after arrival.

Does the USA accept Covid-19 Proof of Recovery documents?

As of July 2021, the USA accepts proof of recovery from Covid-19 within the last 90 days for entry. While the NHS does not provide proof of recovery records, evidence of a positive PCR test result can be used. This can be proved either by presenting a positive PCR or an antigen test result performed by an authorised laboratory or a medical certificate. Please see the USA travel website for further information.